Smoked sausage is, not surprisingly, a favorite for many people. This is because of their spicy and flavor nature after grilling. If you’re looking to prepare a homemade sausage, we can put you through a simple but rich flavored cooking process. Find out below how to make your own sausage with the right ingredients in an electric smoker or charcoal smoker.
- Boneless pork shoulder (5 lbs)
- Sausage Stuffer
- Hog Casings
- A cup of ice water
- 1 teaspoon of Pink salt
- 1 tablespoon of dried marjoram
- 1 tablespoon of fresh black pepper
- 2 tablespoons of granulated garlic
- 1 tablespoon of lightly crushed mustard seed
- Start by grinding the pork shoulder and put them in a large bowl after grinding.
- Mix your crushed mustard seed, garlic, black pepper, marjoram, salt, and other ingredients in the right proportions.
- Then pour your mixed seasoning on the meat and add ice water. Work through them and mix properly with your hands until the mixture is completely integrated.
- Stuff the sausage into the stuffer and leave a little space to prevent the casing from bursting. After completely stuffing, tie the tip of the casing and set aside for smoking.
- Place them in your electric or charcoal smoker and grill with a temperature of about 1750 Make sure you turn the sausage occasionally to give it an even cook.
- After smoking to the required temperature and heat levels, bring them out and allow them to cool for some minutes before slicing. You can now serve with other sauces.
- If there is any sausage you may not likely use, vacuum seal them to keep them useful later. At the end of the preparation, you should be getting a 5-pound sausage. This should be enough for a family meal or a small party.